The USS Midway
In San Diego Bay you can go and see the USS Midway, a retired aircraft carrier.
I wasn't really sure if the kids would like it - but it was a huge hit.
Just imagine a ginormous ship with about a hundred plans you can get inside and around a trillion knobs you can turn - although that's 16 times less than our national debt, so maybe its' not really that many!
Isabelle was really playing the part of pilot!
Every plane I looked at was my new favorite.
I think I had a few dirty looks because I kept calling the aircraft carrier a boat.
That's a no no FYI.
I am just astounded at the people who invent these, fly these, etc.
I could never live on one of these and do what we ask of our service men.
I am so grateful for their willing hearts and sacrifices!
I was having horrible visions of my baby wanting to grow up and be in the military.
How do the mothers of armed service men do it???
The only time I will ever be in a parachute thingy - plane, hanger, cargo ship...whatever I don't need to know the appropriate term if I'll never be in one again.
It's all fun and games when you are safely on the land!
Why yes - people were looking at us like we were nuts...
and possibly insane...
and then just unfit parents.
Go ahead baby it's cute that "shooter" is pointing right at your head.
In our defense the almost 7 year old started it.
Eventually William got it perfect.
He thought it was hilarious that the guy was grabbing his own bum!
And here we have Isabelle in the place she felt most comfortable..The Captains' chair!
Steering the boat...ahem...aircraft carrier wasn't bad either.
Oh the buttons were never ending. In fact there was one room with buttons and knobs from floor to ceiling. I don't even think they were for anything. It's just so the men could go play with something when they got bored. Yep I'm 90% sure that's what they were for.
Other than the fact that it was a little expensive, this was a great diversion.
I also loved that I can call this part of our school for the week! I love home schooling or away schooling as luck would have it!


















No comments:
Post a Comment