Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Fat Cat Sat on the Rat

Isabelle finished her 2nd grade Hooked on Phonics reading curriculum today!
I am so proud of her.  She has worked really, really hard.
I was planning on using this "curriculum" for at least another year
(we had kindergarten through 2nd grade) but she has just breezed past everything.
Now she is just on regular books for her reading education.
At this rate it won't be long before she outsmarts her mom!

Usually after she passes off a grade level in her reading I take her to do something fun.
This time I was tricky and asked her if she wanted me to buy Tangled for her instead. 
It just happened to be released on the same day she finished.  
She thought this was a great idea.
Please don't tell her I was planning on buying the movie anyways!

Good Job Isabelle!  Did I mention I am so proud of you?


2 comments:

  1. Such a smart little thing. The real books are way more fun for moms and kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Isabelle!! We are so proud of you too!

    Psst...your mom is a total fraud! Sshh don't tell her I told you.

    ;D

    ReplyDelete