Title: Three Cups of Tea
Author(s): Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
Number of Pages: 349
Number of Stars I'm Giving it: 2.5
This review will be short and sweet, or at least to the point.
I give this book 2.5 stars for content, and zero for context.
The writing was pretty bad. I know I shouldn't judge because my writing is downright atrocious at times. The difference is that I don't charge money for my writing. In fact I hope that most of my "writings" will go unseen from human eyes forever!
This book was an interesting peek into another culture and I enjoyed that. However I do think he looked at the Pakistani culture with rose colored glasses and was very judgmental towards the American culture. I respect what it is he is trying to accomplish in an impoverished part of the world and it is a far greater contribution than I may ever achieve. Politically I doubt I would agree with the author on much, but that is the great thing about agency. It is nice to see that one person can make a difference, and that you can accomplish a lot when you put your mind to it. If you are just reading it to have something to read then there are endless lists of more entertaining things out there.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment